Position: Digital Media Assistant
Mobile Community Zimbabwe Project
Mobile Community Zimbabwe (MCZ) is a school of citizen journalism equipping young Zimbabweans with digital storytelling skills using mobile devices. More about this project is here:
Mobile Community Zimbabwe is interested to hire an individual to join a small dynamic team as Social Media Assistant.
The bulk of the work of the Digital Media Assistant centers on building and sustaining the project’s online communities. This individual is responsible for updating and creating content on the project website and online platforms. They will also manage day-to-day interactions with audiences.
- Be a Zimbabwean resident aged between 20 – 35 years.
- Must be keen to contribute to shaping organizational operations and adaptive to changing operational landscape.
- Must be confident/ comfortable working predominantly in English.
- Must be generally an extensive user of and knowledgeable about digital technologies, especially understanding the functions of social media.
- Must possess qualities of excellent teamwork and good communication skills.
- Must have discipline and the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Must be conversant with the Zimbabwean context and demonstrate an understanding of the media landscape.
- Must possess knowledge about how to decode web analytics and social media metrics, and ability to adapt accordingly to observed trends.
- Must possess demonstrable skills of digital marketing
Qualifications and Skills
- Background in Media, Journalism and Communication, Media Marketing
- Proven working experience in social media or related field, demonstrable social networking experience and knowledge of social analytics tools.
- Excellent command of the English language and strong communication skills
- Adaptability and resourcefulness, lots of curiosity.
- Innovative self driven self starter with ability to work without constant instruction or supervision
- Demonstrable digital skills – website management and SEO, video/audio shooting and editing
- Good eye for design and ability to create or source eye-catching images to accompany posts.
How to apply:
Submit your application by July 30, 2016 to email@example.com
- Include in your application, a motivation statement detailing why you are the person we seek, and how you possess the skills we require (max 100 word).
- Attach your updated CV.
Only properly completed applications with all required documents will be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
All images taken from the mobile community website.