Her Zimbabwe is an alternative media space and non-profit organization that advances women’s thought leadership and brings important commentary to women’s issues using digital tools. Her Zimbabwe seeks to make a contribution to women’s increased involvement in the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) both to advance the advocacy and impact of their work as well as shift dominant gender stereotypes. Recognizing that women have an equal right to participate in public debate and live free from the burden of harmful gender stereotypes, Her Zimbabwe is in the business of equipping more women with the technical skills, to develop and distribute women’s own narratives, particularly ones that challenge patriarchy, gender discrimination and sexism. This is also achieved among other things, through capacity building in effective use of alternative media, digital storytelling and production of compelling multi-media content for advocacy and as avenues for self-expression and advancement of the women’s agenda.
Her Zimbabwe is interested to hire an individual to join a small dynamic team as Project Officer.
Project Officer is a highly organized and dynamic professional who wears multiple hats and is relied on to drive a host of things from planning to timely implementation of projects to ensure that they finish on time and within budget.
- Be a female Zimbabwean resident aged between 25 – 35 years.
- Must be keen to contribute to shaping organizational operations and adaptive to changing operational landscape.
- Must be confident/ comfortable working predominantly in English.
- Must be generally an extensive user of and knowledgeable about digital technologies (the internet, computers etc.), as well as understand social media.
- Must have demonstrable ability to write non-fiction content that is analytical, well thought out (a writing sample will be required).
- Must possess qualities of excellent teamwork and good communication skills.
- Must possess excellent administrative and management skills.
- Must have discipline and the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Must have ability and interest to fundraise for non-profit work, and should therefore possess good interpersonal communication and networking skills as well as proposal writing experience.
- Must be conversant with the Zimbabwean context and demonstrate an understanding of women’s issues.
- Must possess basic administrative and analytical skills, including comprehension of spreadsheets and budgets.
- Some experience working in or managing a non-profit project will be very handy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in relevant subjects e.g. media production, project management, public administration etc. can be an advantage.
- Some significant experience working in the non-profit sector and especially women’s rights is key.
How to apply:
Submit your application by June 30, 2016 to info @herzimbabwe.co.zw with the subject, HZ Projects Officer Vacancy
- Send a one-page motivation letter detailing why you are the person we seek, and how you possess the skills we require.
- Attach your updated CV,
- Send a writing sample anything between 500-1000 words long of published or unpublished work.
Only properly completed applications with all required documents will be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Main image taken from www.yh-group.co.uk