The Call for Speakers and Ideas lets you help build the conference you want to attend. Bloggers have the opportunity to notify the organisers on the topics they would like to discuss or nominate speakers they think would be good for the panel. Bloggers can submit:
- Speakers: Submit yourself, or submit someone else you think would be a great speaker. When submitting a speaker, use the available bio/qualifications section of the submission form to help the organisers understand why you, or the person you suggest, would be a great speaker and the topic you think is a perfect match. The more context you provide, the easier it is for them to find the right slot for someone!
- Topics: Submit a topic (or an angle on a topic) that you think would be relevant for the program, whether or not you are submitting yourself as a potential speaker.
- A full session concept: Submit a session as you would like to see it presented, complete with co-speakers (if a panel), takeaways for the audience, etc.
To submit a speaker, consider the following:
- Accomplished speakers and instructors who represent the rich diversity of the blogging community
- Speakers and instructors with relevant experience or success around a topic—even if they don’t necessarily have a lot of prior speaking experience
- Experienced moderators who have experience managing panel discussions
And please note: We set a goal to feature predominantly new voices each year, so if you (or your suggested speaker) has not previously spoken at the annual conference, that’s an advantage!
If you are submitting a topic or session, it would be helpful to flesh it out as much as possible. What format do you think would be most effective? Presentation? Hands-on workshop? Discussion panel? Interview?
Deadline: Monday, 30th of November
Look at past conference agendas to get a sense of what has worked in the past, and what new ideas you add to #BlogHer16. Submit your speaker, topic, and session ideas here, and be sure to register for #BlogHer16*.
Image taken from www.blogher.com