Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Dates: Monday 23 – Friday 27 March 2015
Deadline for Application: Sunday 15 March 2015
Her Zimbabwe is holding a 5-day training for young women which will impart skills and knowledge around the following areas:
- News gathering and packaging of content for online media
- Blogging good practice
- Practical blogging
- Digital security
1. Be a young woman aged 20-30 years
2. Be an entry level journalist (junior reporter) or be enrolled into a diploma or degree course with a focus on journalism/ media/ communication/ gender studies. Alternatively, the applicant may be working as a campaigner or activist with a women’s collective or organisation.
3. Have a keen interest in women’s rights and issues.
NB: If you are a woman over 30 and can demonstrate how these skills will be of benefit to you (especially if you work for a women’s collective or organisation), you are also eligible to apply.
Participants must be able to attend ALL sessions on all days and must also be able to bring along with them a laptop they can use for all of the week. The training will take place for 5 full days, each day beginning at 8.30 am and ending at 4.30 pm, with lunches and teas provided. This training is free of charge.
All participants must be able to make personal provisions to travel to Harare CBD everyday of the training.
1. Fill in the Her Zimbabwe Blogging and Digital Security Training Application Form (click on the link, download the PDF file, fill it and scan it back)
2. Send a copy of your CV which should be a maximum of 2 pages
3. Send one writing sample of 500-1000 words (this may be a published or unpublished work)
All materials are to be sent to email@example.com with the email subject titled ‘Her Zimbabwe Training – Harare’